Sign up for our Email List
There will be a handful of important events highlighted on this page and many others that aren’t. Those on our email list will always be in the loop about abolitionist rallies, conferences, and projects! You need to be on our list! SIGN UP HERE!
Mark Abolition Day (Feb. 8th, 2022) On Your Calendar
Mark February 8th, 2022 at 10 a.m. on your calendar and be spreading the word about the upcoming Abolition Day rally at the Oklahoma State capitol. Last session, we had roughly 1,000 people. This upcoming session, we’re aiming for 5,000! Contact us if you would like fliers to pass out to your family, friends, and churches.
Share Abolitionist Resources
The principles of abolitionism are better than those of the Pro-Life Movement. But well-meaning pro-life people need to be aware of abolitionism if they are to join us. The below content is great for reading/listening to and sharing with your friends.
- The Liberator Podcast: An abolitionist podcast from Free the States covering the ideology of abolitionism and current events in the Abolitionist Movement in Oklahoma and beyond. New episodes are released every Thursday at 6 p.m. These foundational episodes are a good place to start.
- The Are You An Abolitionist pamphlet teaches through the five tenets of abolitionism and the five components of an abolition bill.
- The six articles in the “What We Believe” section of our website.
- The Doctrine of Balaam by C.R. Cali: A fantastic 170-page synopsis of the abolitionist position regarding the Biblical problems with the pro-life establishment and the incremental strategy.
- Five Reasons Abolitionists Oppose Incremental Pro-Life Bills
- The Differences Between a Pro-Life Bill and an Abolition Bill
- 47 Years of False Hope: A presentation from Constitutional attorney Bradley Pierce regarding the seven-pronged failure of the incremental pro-life strategy.
- Immediatism vs. Gradualism
Be A Citizen Lobbyist
Make a habit of emailing and/or calling your State Rep(s), State Senator(s), and Governor to demand that they immediately establish justice for preborn human beings by abolishing abortion. Make clear that you aren’t asking for more pro-life bills which submit to the supreme court, but that you’re telling them to totally and immediately abolish abortion in defiance of the supreme court.
Donate to the Cause
For us to be as effective as we can and to create even more abolitionist materials and put on even more abolitionist events, we need to add staff members. We want to promote The Liberator Podcast so that it can reach more people. We want to promote Abolition Day and the Abolition Now Conference so that more people attend. But we can’t do that without your help! Become a monthly supporter of Free the States here!
Invite us for a talk at your church, school, or other gathering
The churches and Christian ministries in Oklahoma are waking up and getting off the sidelines of the battle to abolish abortion and push back the culture of death. Make sure yours doesn’t get left behind! Invite us to present on abolitionism.
Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper
This can be a great way to both raise awareness of legislative or executive efforts to abolish abortion, educate people in the ideas of abolitionism, and bring people into the movement. Just Google “[newspaper name] letter to the editor” to find the email to submit letters to and carefully follow any instructions for the letter given by the newspaper. As an example, the details for submitting a letter to The Oklahoman can be found here.
Follow us on Social Media
Stay in the loop on abolitionist events and happenings in Oklahoma and around the country by following us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Mainstream pro-lifers have the funding, political connections, and major publications to spread their message. Abolitionism has historically spread most effectively through social media. We have to out-hustle the incrementalists. One of the easiest ways we can do that is by sharing abolitionist articles, memes, videos, and other posts on social media.