Sign up for our Email List
There will be a handful of important events highlighted on this page and many others that aren’t. Those on our email list will always be in the loop about abolitionist rallies, conferences, and projects! You need to be on our list! SIGN UP HERE!
Register for the Abolition Now! Conference
Mark March 1-4, 2023 on your calendar and register today! The theme of the conference is Abolitionists Rising, and the conference coincides with the launch of our Abolitionists Rising project to cast a vision for a strong, unified Abolitionist Movement in the post-Dobbs era. Teaching will be focused on how the movement should respond to Dobbs, both politically and culturally; and activism will be the most engaing of any abolitionist conference activism so far! Join us.
Share Abolitionist Resources
The principles of abolitionism are better than those of the Pro-Life Movement. But well-meaning pro-life people need to be aware of abolitionism if they are to join us. The below content is great for reading/listening to and sharing with your friends.
- The Liberator Podcast: An abolitionist podcast from Free the States covering the ideology of abolitionism and current events in the Abolitionist Movement in Oklahoma and beyond. New episodes are released every Thursday at 6 p.m. These foundational episodes are a good place to start.
- Episode #4: The Biblical Arguments for Abolitionism
- Episode #5: The 5 Components of an Abolition Bill
- Episode #10: Why Abolitionist Must Use the A-Word
- Episode #34: Why We Oppose the Pro-Life Movement
- Episode #62: The Five Tenets of Abolitionism
- Episode #94: Pro-Life Groups Condemn Louisiana Abolition Bill
- The Are You An Abolitionist pamphlet teaches through the five tenets of abolitionism and the five components of an abolition bill.
- Five Reasons Abolitionists Oppose Incremental Pro-Life Bills
- The Differences Between a Pro-Life Bill and an Abolition Bill
Be A Street Activist
Pick up activism signs and Abortion Is Murder quadfolds, and head to your local street corner to expose the truth about abortion in your community.
Be A Citizen Lobbyist
Make a habit of emailing and/or calling your State Rep(s), State Senator(s), and Governor to demand that they immediately establish justice for preborn human beings by abolishing abortion. Make clear that you aren’t asking for more pro-life bills which submit to the supreme court, but that you’re telling them to totally and immediately abolish abortion in defiance of the supreme court.
Donate to the Cause
For us to be as effective as we can and to create even more abolitionist materials and put on even more abolitionist events, we need to add staff members. We want to promote The Liberator Podcast so that it can reach more people. We want to promote Abolition Day and the Abolition Now Conference so that more people attend. But we can’t do that without your help! Become a monthly supporter of Free the States here!
Invite us for a talk at your church, school, or other gathering
The churches and Christian ministries in Oklahoma are waking up and getting off the sidelines of the battle to abolish abortion and push back the culture of death. Make sure yours doesn’t get left behind! Invite us to present on abolitionism.
Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper
This can be a great way to both raise awareness of legislative or executive efforts to abolish abortion, educate people in the ideas of abolitionism, and bring people into the movement. Just Google “[newspaper name] letter to the editor” to find the email to submit letters to and carefully follow any instructions for the letter given by the newspaper. As an example, the details for submitting a letter to The Oklahoman can be found here.
Follow us on Social Media
Stay in the loop on abolitionist events and happenings in Oklahoma and around the country by following us on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Mainstream pro-lifers have the funding, political connections, and major publications to spread their message. Abolitionism has historically spread most effectively through social media. We have to out-hustle the incrementalists. One of the easiest ways we can do that is by sharing abolitionist articles, memes, videos, and other posts on social media.